Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Insert topic title and/or post and/or tags in New Topic

• I have linked up a bbPress Support Forum (i.e. with (un)resolved indicators) to a web application that it is supposed to support. The web application generates tags that are context-sensitive and links with these to the bbPress Forum, so users are one click away to do a …/tags/abcdef query to the Forum and hey presto, all posts concerning the application page come up.

If somebody has a problem, they can click another link and insert a new Topic post into the same Forum. However this comes up with blank title, post body, and tag fields.

It would be brilliant if there were a way to insert the new topic’s title, part of the post body, and the tag into the New Topic form. Nothing fancy, just three parameters on the #postform URL would do. These parameters are cleaned and stupidly inserted in the form fields, ready to be accepted by the user.

Jeroen

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Additional: I noticed that the tags field is being pre-filled when I look at the Add A New Topic form that sits below the list of posts tagged with tag X. That’s great.

What remains is the behaviour of bbPress when sending it a URL …/tags/X where X does not exist yet. The Forum now decides to revert to the default query and shows all available tags. It could, like a Wiki, have chosen to show an empty Topic list with the pre-filled Add A New Topic form. That would make sense to me.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar