Categories
Search
Bottom

Inline the search box and button on same line

• yckelvin
    Participant

@yckelvin

Dear Sir/Madam,

I install the bbPress and find the search box and button are in separate line, I review the code of form-search.php

<form role="search" method="get" id="bbp-search-form" action="<?php bbp_search_url(); ?>">
    	<div>
    		<label class="screen-reader-text hidden" for="bbp_search"><?php _e( 'Search for:', 'bbpress' ); ?></label>
    		<input type="hidden" name="action" value="bbp-search-request" />
    		<input tabindex="<?php bbp_tab_index(); ?>" type="text" value="<?php echo esc_attr( bbp_get_search_terms() ); ?>" name="bbp_search" id="bbp_search" />
    		<input tabindex="<?php bbp_tab_index(); ?>" class="button" type="submit" id="bbp_search_submit" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Search', 'bbpress' ); ?>" />
    	</div>
    </form>

There is not line break tag <br> between the input element, does anyone know how I can remove the break?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi Kelvin,
    That’s because of your theme most probably. It can probably be fixed with some CSS, but we would need to see the site to tell you exactly what you need to do.
    Can you post a URL so we see ?
    Thanks, Pascal.

yckelvin
    Participant

@yckelvin

Dear Pascal Casier,

Here is the link http://itvmedia.com.hk/forums You can find the search button below the search box, I review the form-search.php and there is not <br> between this two element.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

yckelvin
    Participant

@yckelvin

Does anyone have the solution to the avoid adding <br> to the bbpress form-search?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar