Categories
Search
Bottom

Inline images…any time soon ???

• Nova
    Participant

@big-dreams-theory

Hello

A forum without inline attachments to display image etc. is not really a forum and can’t really be used (nobody wants to go to imageshack etc. to upload images, they do it just because they are forced). I saw people asking for that since almost 5 years (each time i type “inline image bbpress” on google it returns messages from 4-5 years of people asking this feature and wondering why it”s not included).
    Even classifieds from WPMUdev, which is a wordpress plugin allow to uplad images within classifieds, so why not bbpress? And the better is that they allow this through access to wordpress media library via FRONT END ACCESS (which is great because nobody wants his users to have access to wp-admin backend. and that what you upload, even if it’s on the wordpress media library can’t be seen by others memebrs, so nobody can “still” image”.

So will you finally include the front-end upload of inline images into bbpress? And if yes, when can we be excepted it? Any time soon?

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Nova
    Participant

@big-dreams-theory

wonderful support…

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Exist a plugin, is called GD BBpress attachments is work fine..

Nova
    Participant

@big-dreams-theory

Im aware of this plugin and as you can see i’m talking about INLINE IMAGES (so within posts, using bbpress and not external services like imageshack and co.) not basic attachments at bottom of the posts (which is in my opinion absolutely useless for images purposes)

Don’t understand that concept of creating a forum for wordpress if it’s not supported in any way and doesn’t have ultra basic features that any forum plateform has since 300 years BC.

Anyway, already uninstalled bbpress, such a useless plugin.

writegnj
    Participant

@writegnj

agree with u big dream theory. GD BBpress attachments does not do the job and BBpress should’ve have this long time ago.

gabokappa
    Participant

@gabokappa

Ditto, have been waiting for plugin to resolve this issue for some time, but all I come across in my search are historical conversations. If a developer can come up with a plugin I’m sure they can monetize it. I would gladly pay a reasonable price for the use of such plugin. Even if I must say it should really be an ‘out of the box’ setting that can be toggled on/off.

danromanchik
    Participant

@danromanchik

So, apparently, there hasn’t been any progress on this? Are there any plans at all to allow users to include images in topics and replies?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar