Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Initial install, first login, no joy.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

• wmarcy

@wmarcy

Ok, this is what I did to try to isolate the problem.

I downloaded a complete working, setup version, wit an existing database, imported the database entries, and installed all the new files to a new subdir on my server.

Again, no joy on login. Although all the posts and users are there, there is just no way to login.

Trent Adams

@trent

It might be a cookie issue. Is this integrated with WP or just a standard install?

Trent

wmarcy

@wmarcy

On trying to enter one of the forums that are displaying, I get a 404 with this line:

The requested URL /forums/forum/3 was not found on this server.

Problem is, I can’t find directory path on my good and working system either?

Trent Adams

@trent

Ok….could you put down your actual URL’s here for me and then the corresponding parts that determine the paths of your config.php and we can see if we can figure it out. As well, does it work with mod_rewrite being false?

Trent

wmarcy

@wmarcy

// ** MySQL settings ** //

define(‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘wetworx_wp’); // The name of the database

define(‘BBDB_USER’, ‘*******’); // Your MySQL username

define(‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘*******’); // …and password

define(‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single database.

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’; // Only letters, numbers and underscores please!

// If your bbPress URL is http://bbpress.example.com/forums/ , the examples would be correct.

// Adjust the domain and path to suit your actual URL.

// Just the domain name; no directories or path. There should be no trailing slash here.

$bb->domain = ‘http://www.wetworx.com’; // Example: ‘http://bbpress.example.com’

// There should be both a leading and trailing slash here. ‘/’ is fine if the site is in root.

$bb->path = ‘/forums/’; // Example: ‘/forums/’

// What are you going to call me?

$bb->name = ‘WetWorx Forums’;

// This must be set before running the install script.

$bb->admin_email = ‘wetworx@wetworx.com’;

// Set to true if you want pretty permalinks.

$bb->mod_rewrite = false;

// The number of topics that show on each page.

$bb->page_topics = 30;

// A user can edit a post for this many minutes after submitting.

$bb->edit_lock = 60;

// Your timezone offset. Example: -7 for Pacific Daylight Time.

$bb->gmt_offset = -5;

// Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the

// chosen language must be installed to bb-includes/languages.

// For example, install de.mo to bb-includes/languages and set BBLANG to ‘de’

// to enable German language support.

define(‘BBLANG’, ”);

// Your Akismet Key. You do not need a key to run bbPress, but if you want to take advantage

// of Akismet’s powerful spam blocking, you’ll need one. You can get an Akismet key at

// http://wordpress.com/api-keys/

$bb->akismet_key = ‘**********’; // Example: ‘0123456789ab’

// The rest is only useful if you are integrating bbPress with WordPress.

// If you’re not, just leave the rest as it is.

$bb->wp_table_prefix = ”; // WordPress table prefix. Example: ‘wp_’;

$bb->wp_home = ”; // WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash. Example: ‘http://example.com’

$bb->wp_siteurl = ”; // WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash. Example: ‘http://example.com’

wmarcy

@wmarcy

Works the same if mod_rewrite is set to true or false.

Current url at: http://www.wetworx.com/

Current forums at: http://www.wetworx.com/forums

wmarcy

@wmarcy

Do you think there is something funky on my server?

wmarcy

@wmarcy

Sorry Trent, didn’t see your first message, this is a standard install, while I have WP installed and running, I am not trying to integrate the two.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I was able to create a user and log in. No problems. Looks like Pretty URLs are off, and all the links to posts, tags, etc all worked.

I did notice the front page layout is messed up. Everything is jammed over to the left, like a div is improperly closed or nested or something.

But, the login is fine and the links to topics and replies all work fine.

wmarcy

@wmarcy

Thanks chrisajer, I found what the problem is and it is a strange one (at least for me), has something to do with Firefox, I tried Safari and I can login (although my CSS is messed up, again, my fault). It also works with various flavors of IE and Opera.

I am trying to track down what the problem am having with Firefox now. Been a long night. Thanks for taking the time to look at it for me!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Oh yeah, I logged in with Firefox (2.0.0.x) BTW.

–Chris

wmarcy

@wmarcy

WTF then? I am running FF 2.0.0.3 – weirdest thing. No matter what I do, I can not login. I even reinstalled FF to try with a virgin setup, and it is still doing the same thing.

Very strange. Thanks for letting me know Chris.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I just went to the site again with FF 2.0.0.3 on XP and I was already logged in. I was able to view threads and my profile.

The site looks totally different today (custom theme?) than it did yesterday.

wmarcy

@wmarcy

Still messing with it to get it to work with *my* firefox, works like a champ in every other browser, and other people have also told me that *their* firefox setup works just fine. It’s one of those problems that eats away at me <s>. Again, thanks for taking a look Chris!

I have the same Problem now! Was there any solution??

Shawn Maddock
    Participant

@flutedrumr

Also having the same problem: attempt to log in in FF2.0, appears that I’m not, although when I hit refresh I am logged in. Other FF2.0 users having the same problem.

The crazy thing about it is: If i synchronize XAMPP with my Laptop and test bbPress on it with Firefox, it works fine. Back on my PC. I have the same trouble as before.

Shawn Maddock
    Participant

@flutedrumr

I’m starting to wonder if my problem is different, as it is also occurring with a WordPress install on the same server. WordPress was fine until I did a clean install with WP/BB in the same database. I’m guessing it’s a cookie issue? An identical bbPress install on a different server works fine, reset FF, etc.

Shawn Maddock
    Participant

@flutedrumr

Okay, more info:

• In Firefox, when I log into bbPress, I am logged in, but the log in form does not auto refresh to “Welcome, username! View your profile…” Same problem when I log out, it does not refresh to “Register or login…”

• In Safari and IE 7, it does refresh when logging into bbPress, but not when logging out.

• In any browser, it does not refresh when logging into WordPress, but does when logging out.

• In all instances if I hit refresh/reload, it displays the correct message.

• Cookie integration between WordPress and bbPress is otherwise successful, once I’m logged into one, I’m logged into both, and vice-versa.

• Identical problems on multiple computers/ users.

Shawn Maddock
    Participant

@flutedrumr

This almost seems like a server-side cache issue. I’m having the same problem when adding a topic… the topic posts, but when I go back to the forum and/or the front page (using the link, not the back button) it doesn’t show up until I hit refresh. cache in both WP and bbP is disabled, and I don’t have this problem on another (identical) server running bbP w/out WP.

Shawn Maddock
    Participant

@flutedrumr

In one post someone mentioned that the 8.1-1 plugin was supposed to fix this refresh issue, although I don’t see it mentioned in the plugin’s thread. Is that true? I have the plug in installed to no avail…

It’s not, no. I have no idea, sorry.

I want to begin integrating bbPress into my Page. But this damn failure makes me fear, that it wouldn´t work on some other firefoxes , too.

It works just fine in the huge majority of cases. It’s nothing to do with FF and bbpress – it’s a problem between the server and FF.

Same Problem with me – No luck at all. i am using both FF and IE. :(

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar