Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

import smf into wordpress site error Unknown character set: ‘utf8mb4’

• deserthighway
    Participant

@deserthighway

I get the following error when trying to import an existing smf forum using the import tool in the forums.

WordPress database error: [Unknown character set: ‘utf8mb4’]
    SELECT convert(topics.id_topic USING “utf8mb4”) AS id_topic,convert(topics.num_replies USING “utf8mb4”) AS num_replies,convert(topics.id_board USING “utf8mb4”) AS id_board,convert(topics.id_member_started USING “utf8mb4”) AS id_member_started,convert(messages.poster_ip USING “utf8mb4”) AS poster_ip,convert(messages.body USING “utf8mb4”) AS body,convert(messages.subject USING “utf8mb4”) AS subject,convert(topics.locked USING “utf8mb4”) AS locked,convert(topics.is_sticky USING “utf8mb4”) AS is_sticky,convert(messages.poster_time USING “utf8mb4”) AS poster_time FROM smf_topics AS topics LEFT JOIN smf_messages AS messages ON topics.id_first_msg = messages.id_msg LIMIT 0, 100

How do I get past this?

WP Version 4.8
    bbpress version 2.5.12
    http://hbmm-national.org/HBMM-National-2017-Forum/
    (Site is just being started to build forum before going live as a subdomain)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

R. Duane Gryder
    HonorBound Motorcycle Ministry

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Andy_K
    Participant

@andy_k

Make sure when you put all the info in to import the old forum that your database prefix is correct and matching what the old forum is using. For example mine was fc_smf_

deserthighway
    Participant

@deserthighway

My database prefix is smf_ I got that from the smf database info on the existing forum

I also updated to bbPress 2.6 Release Candidate 3 to try that

still got the warning: WordPress database error: [Unknown character set: ‘utf8mb4’]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar