Categories
Search
Bottom

Import phpbb 3.1.9 Forum to BBPress 2.5.14

• dekudigital
    Participant

@dekudigital

Hello all.

I have done a fair bit of research on this topic already and have made some progress.

I have managed to get the BBPress importer working on a few occasions (using localhost and also remotely) and I know it’s working because it starts converting the users, then moves on to forums, topics etc.

I did actually manage one full successful import, not sure how exactly but since then I’ve been struggling.

I had to manually create the following blank columns just to get the importer started:

USERS
    user_website
    user_aim
    user_yim
    user_icq
    user_msnm
    user_occ
    user_interests
    user_from

TOPICS
    topic_replies
    topic_replies_real

FORUMS
    forum_recent_topics
    forum_topics
    forum_posts
    forum_topics_real

More recently the importer just seems to be getting stuck.

I have 1333 users in my forum, after the importer has converted all the users (1300-1399) it just stops. It does actually import all the users correctly but then it doesn’t move on to the next task.

When I don’t include users, it converts the forums and hierarchy, but then freezes on converting topics (0-99).

It just doesn’t seem to be working smoothly.

I am contemplating upgrading the forum from phpbb 3.1.9 to 3.2 using this guide:
    https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.2/ug/upgradeguide/upgrade31/

Tt seems like a lot of work and I’m not sure it will make such a difference with regards to this task.

If anybody has faced any similar issues doing this import (freezing at certain points, not moving on to the next task etc).

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thanks
    Antony

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar