Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Import from PhpBB Issues – WordPress database error

• aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

Late to the party on migrating, but I think it’s time. Installed bbPress via plugins on my WordPress instance. I’d played around with it in the past so I cleared all the old data with a board reset. Went to import and put in all the information – created a new MySQL user with full permissions to the database my phpBB forum is on.

Set rows limit to 75 and Delay time to 3 – I have a pretty big forum to move.

Checked all three boxes for Convert Users, Start Over, and Purge – I want a full, clean import.

It gets right to the start of the process and says:
    WordPress database error: [Table ‘XXXX_forum.users’ doesn’t exist]
    (the XXXX is the name of my database)

And it gives a long string in gray after that of info I don’t quite understand.

Tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling it. I’m on the latest version of WordPress and PhpBB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    I suppose you tried with 2.5.8 ? If you are starting now, I would advise to consider 2.6 (https://bbpress.org/download/). It’s still alpha but will soon be released. It offers better performance and better import capabilities.

Let me know.
    Pascal.

aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

Pascal, thank you for responding! Downloaded 2.6 and uploaded it without problem.

Went to import, and got a new error–>

WordPress database error: [Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]
    CREATE TABLE wp_bbp_converter_translator ( meta_id mediumint(8) unsigned not null auto_increment, value_type varchar(25) null, value_id bigint(20) unsigned not null default ‘0’, meta_key varchar(255) null, meta_value varchar(255) null, PRIMARY KEY (meta_id), KEY value_id (value_id), KEY meta_join (meta_key, meta_value) ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Can you please give me your PHP and MySQL version ?

aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

I think I’m pulling the right info…

MySQL server version: 5.5.42-37.1

On the PhP Back end…

Under “Web Server” it says:
    Database client version: libmysql – 5.1.73

On phpMyAdmin it says:
    Version information: 4.3.8, latest stable version: 4.6.0

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

That’s not giving your PHP version…
    MySQL is not the recommended one, but should be ok. Could you have another look for PHP ?
    If you don’t find it, install my toolkit plugin that will tell you the PHP version in the ‘basic system info’: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-toolkit

Pascal.

aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

Via your plugin: PHP version 5.3.29

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

5.3 is a bit lower, but should not be the issue (I think).

What plugins do you have ? Any white/blacklisting ? Please close down all possible plugins.

Pascal.

aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

I only had about 10 plugins running. I closed down everything but BBPress, your toolkit, and a simple “under construction” page. No white/blacklisting that I know of…

Re-ran, gave the same issue:

WordPress database error: [Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]
    CREATE TABLE wp_bbp_converter_translator ( meta_id mediumint(8) unsigned not null auto_increment, value_type varchar(25) null, value_id bigint(20) unsigned not null default ‘0’, meta_key varchar(255) null, meta_value varchar(255) null, PRIMARY KEY (meta_id), KEY value_id (value_id), KEY meta_join (meta_key, meta_value) ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I wrote a reply here yesterday, it’s vanished 🙁

I have an idea what it might be but today has run out of hours, I’ll test this tomorrow and let you know 🙂

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

A quick search reveals this https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35958

@aaachiaki
    Can you look up what your WordPress database character set and collation are being used?

aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

Thank you guys for not giving up on me!

I hope I’m giving you the right information… Went into phpMyAdmin. Clicked on the database running the WordPress install, clicked on Operations.

Under Collation it says: latin1_swedish_ci

aaachiaki
    Participant

@aaachiaki

Trying to make sense of what Stephen provided… Is this something I need to update in bbpress/includes/admin/converter/phpBB.php
    ???

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar