Categories
Search
Bottom

Import from IP.Board 3.4.9 to bbPress Version 2.5.8

• thingunderthestairs
    Participant

@thingunderthestairs

Hi,

I, attempting to import user posts, topics, replies, etc. from IPB to bbPress.
    The importer seems to be working, but eventually seems to die logging a lot of ——————
    to the end of log on the importer display.

I imported the users on the 1st pass, then reset the rest back to default and started again. I’ve tried a few passes adjusting the batch size or rows processed, first decreasing the size in case it was a memory issue, and have now run a couple passes with increasing batch size. At first I was getting topics, but not replies, once I increased the batch size from the default it made it through the topics and started on the replies, but again finished short of all the replies logging a screens worth of hyphen characters. This seems to be after 24-36 hours of run time, so I am not sure if I am running across some sort of session expiration or what.

Is it possible to re-run an import, picking off where it left off? I assumed not as it does not seem to do anything unless I do reset forums between attempts, but thought I would check as the start over option seems to indicate you can run it again without starting fresh.

Any ideas what is happening when the display starts logging ——– , or any other place I should be checking for an indicator of what the problem might be?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • This seems to be after 24-36 hours of run time, so I am not sure if I am running across some sort of session expiration or what.

Yes, that is exactly what you are coming up against, on the technical side, its WordPress dropping the MySQL session, the work around is to every few,4,6,8,12 hours even is to open a new browser tab and refresh a WordPress admin page and that should stop those ------

Is it possible to re-run an import, picking off where it left off?

It’s supposed to, there’s some improvements here coming in bbPress 2.6, I also strongly suggest using 2.6-alpha available from https://bbpress.org/download, there will be no more import changes before 2.6 ships and there are vast improvements to importing in 2.6.

Give it a try and let me know it goes 🙂

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar