Categories
Search
Bottom

Import from Asgaros Forum

• SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

Hi guys

Is there anyone who can do an importer from Asgaros to BBPress?

I am no good with script or databases… 🙂

Home

Thanks in advance

Kriss 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

Anything? 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

@scifikriss I see you have asked this many months ago.

The problem is that developing a script is a long tedious process requiring running the process many times, and having to reset databases in between. When I first started with bbpress in 2013 I imported a snitz database and it took 24 attempts over 2 weeks to succeed. https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/documented-import-from-snitz-access-database/

If you’d like me to look at what might be involved as a paid piece of work, contact me via

Contact me

SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

I thought you just had to redo the example form from the folder in the software… I was just not sure what bit means what…

Thank you for answering but I really can’t afford to pay for someone to do it… 🙂

Kriss 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

no idea how asgaros stores the data in the database – is it separate tables or in posts/postmeta?
    and different tables for forums vs topics vs replies ?
    and does it use wordpress user ID’s?

Robin W

@robin-w

but yes the answer is just a case of filling in the form, in the same sense as completing a crossword is just a case of writing the answers in the squares 🙂 🙂

SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

I don’t either as I said no good with these things but I have a feeling it is the second one… I am going to see if I can put the correct databases together then I was going to ask my provider if they could have a quick look…

Just had a quick look and I did find Posts/Postmeta’s in the database… this is going to be long evening! LOL

I am on benefits which is why I can’t afford anything… 🙂

Kriss 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm…just loaded Asgaros to my test site, and it has it’s own tables

wp_forum_forums
    wp_forum_topics
    wp_forum_posts

as well as several others dealing with subscriptions, polls and ads.

the issue with importing would be hooking forum_topics which holds header stuff with forum posts which holds the content, but also the replies.

What size is your current Asgaros forum – eg forums, topics replies?

SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

Here you go and it is not that big thank god!

I think I have worked out a few things but asking my hoster to see if I got the table names right… I am with a great company 20i who really do look after me… bless em…

Kriss 🙂

SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

ok the link did not go through… try this

https://nikmania.me.uk/forums/

Kriss 🙂

SciFiKriss
    Participant

@scifikriss

I think I am going to just take it down and put up bbpress and start again as there really is not much on there… and hoping I can really get it started properly… and hopefully using this will keep everything connected and put in Buddypress as well… 🙂

Thanks for looking at it for me…

Kriss 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar