Bottom

Import Forums error

• MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I am trying to import my vBulletin forum and I get an error:

WordPress database error: [Table ‘XXXXXXX.user’ doesn’t exist]

Does anyone know what I need to do?

I XXXed out my user name for security but the user name is right.

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • None of the forum importers are importing the ‘sticky status’ of any topics at this stage so after importing any topics you need to stick need to be done manually.

(I can’t see you site at the moment ‘Access Forbidden’ 😉

I am not sure exactly how WordPress embeds work as a whole…

Though this via https://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds

If WordPress fails to embed your URL you will get a hyperlink to the URL.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I ran into to some server problems and it turned out to be my test site was opening up tons and tons of connections to the server, all php5, and the only way to stop it was to uninstall WordPress not even deactivating bbpress worked…very odd.

I will do some more tests this weekend and and get back to you… I am thinking the convert vb.php maybe did not close connection when it was done? Just a gut feeling plus I know nothing about coding.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Ok Steve I got the forum all imported and install and looked over it and for the most part it worked out great things imported nicely.

I think your added code to the Convert VB.php file will come in handy to others.

Thanks for your help.

As I’ve spent the day playing with passwords, did you have any issues with users logging into WordPress after the import? Did their existing passwords work?

I’d also appreciate a comment on this ticket in Trac for any password issues you found.
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1969

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar