Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Import: does bbPress write an error log?

• arnalyse
    Participant

@arnalyse

Hi you guys,

I’m in the process of importing a rather large vBulletin board. It has around 50’000 topics and more than 3 million posts.

And I’ve got this one question: does bbPress write out or somehowe save topics, which it couldn’t import? So I can get a glimpse at the problem at hand why a certain vBulletin thread has not been imported?

A little more background: I’ve done a few test imports, and so far bbPress is doing a terrific job. To keep import time manageable, I modified the vBulletin converter from bbPress to skip replies, which I import with some more complex SQL queries after the bbPress importer has created users and topics.

Nearly all of my 20’000 users and 50’000 topics get imported, but some vBulletin threads do not shop up with the meta_key named _bbp_old_topic_id. I really tried to spot a pattern there, but had no luck. So I’m hoping there’s a way to gather some more information directly from the bbPress import.

I’m running bbPress 2.5.9 and WordPress 4.5.2

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Brandon Allen
    Participant

@thebrandonallen

The importer does save some data under _bbp_converter_* keys in the wp_options table. You can try using those to help. Also, if you turn in use something like this in your wp-config.php file, you’ll get a log of errors in wp-content/debug.log.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); // turn on debug mode
    if ( defined( 'WP_DEBUG' ) && WP_DEBUG ) {
    	define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ); // log to wp-content/debug.log
    }
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar