Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Import Craziness

• onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

I’m trying to import my forums data a new site – bbpress to bbpress – about 30 categories, 300 forums, 400 topics and 800 replies. I seem to be able to import forums, topics and replies nicely but nothing is connected. When I try to use the forum repair tools under tools > forums it will make all my reply screen go blank…nothing at all.

* note – I noticed that without using the repair tools I could go and open each topic or reply and resave them and then it would be connected…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

Is the repair tools compatible with php7??

Is the repair tools compatible with php7??

Yes

Does it work if you run all the repair tools except “Recalculate the position of each reply”?

onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

Dunno. I’ll try it.

onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

Nope. Did not work. still made the replies screen go all white when trying to use repair tools – didn’t do “Recalculate the position of each reply”. Before doing the repair tools everything looks good on back end but doesn’t show up on front end as being connected. Shows categories and forums and all counts, etc but no topics connected or replies, obviously.

onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

Could this problem be related to trying to keep my categories in place over forums?

onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

I figured out a work around which meant opening 1,000 topics/replies and resaving them all. Couple replies needed to be realligned. THE REPAIR TOOLS DO NOT WORK. They actually break everything…

onlyway
    Participant

@onlyway

For some reason simply opening topic/reply and clicking “update” makes it all work properly…weird. Without doing that it will only show cats and forums on front end but no topics or replies. After “updating” topics/replies in dash it all shows up on front end properly. Any idea why this would be?

Again, the repair tools break all. I’m thinking it is a php7 thing.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar