Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

import all topic and post from wordpress to bbpress

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • If you want to move your WordPress data to a bbPress install, then you can use this http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-to-bbpress-converter/

If you want to move your WordPress data to a bbPress install, then you can use this http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-to-bbpress-converter/

Merci but where’s the link download ?

I don’t see It

Merci but where’s the link download ?

I don’t see It

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

There are no downloads, but here is the script – http://wordpress-to-bbpress-converter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/w2bc.php

It currently doesn’t support user migration, but that should be easy (and should be done before running the script). I think it’d be basically renaming the tables, though I’m not sure.

Also, *PLEASE* make a backup of your WordPress blog and follow the instructions carefully.

– Author of the script

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

There are no downloads, but here is the script – http://wordpress-to-bbpress-converter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/w2bc.php

It currently doesn’t support user migration, but that should be easy (and should be done before running the script). I think it’d be basically renaming the tables, though I’m not sure.

Also, *PLEASE* make a backup of your WordPress blog and follow the instructions carefully.

– Author of the script

But who install ?

when put this script !!

I don’t speake english please shortened

But who install ?

when put this script !!

I don’t speake english please shortened

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

If you have your blog in a directory, and the forums in a sub-directory called forum, then you need to put this script in the WordPress blog directory, where you would find your wp-config.php file. Otherwise you would need to edit the defines on lines 37 and 38:

define( 'W2BC_WP_PATH', '' ); /** With Trailing Slash, if required */
    define( 'W2BC_BB_PATH', 'forum/' ); /** With Trailing Slash, if required */

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

If you have your blog in a directory, and the forums in a sub-directory called forum, then you need to put this script in the WordPress blog directory, where you would find your wp-config.php file. Otherwise you would need to edit the defines on lines 37 and 38:

define( 'W2BC_WP_PATH', '' ); /** With Trailing Slash, if required */
    define( 'W2BC_BB_PATH', 'forum/' ); /** With Trailing Slash, if required */

it’s very difficult

i don’t see : define( ‘W2BC_WP_PATH >> in the (wp-config.php) in my blog but i see define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘ ‘); on line 37

and i edit to : define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘forum/’);

this my blog : www.**********.com/music

and my forum : www.*********.com/forum

and i upload this script in my blog

look : www.**********.com/music/script

true ? or no

can you help me

it’s very difficult

i don’t see : define( ‘W2BC_WP_PATH >> in the (wp-config.php) in my blog but i see define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘ ‘); on line 37

and i edit to : define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘forum/’);

this my blog : www.**********.com/music

and my forum : www.*********.com/forum

and i upload this script in my blog

look : www.**********.com/music/script

true ? or no

can you help me

He means editing the script and not wp-config.php

He means editing the script and not wp-config.php

merci

but look :

WordPress loader file (wp-load.php) doesn’t exist in the path specified!

what’s the problem ?

merci

but look :

WordPress loader file (wp-load.php) doesn’t exist in the path specified!

what’s the problem ?

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

I would suggest that you hire a developer because that script is currently meant to be only run by a person who at least knows the basics of coding, bbPress/WordPress etc.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

I would suggest that you hire a developer because that script is currently meant to be only run by a person who at least knows the basics of coding, bbPress/WordPress etc.

Anonymous User 7670885
    Inactive

@anonymized-7670885

Sorry for bump but is more important for me.

I’ve converted my smf to phpbb3 to bbpress and now i want try to convert a specific board (News Board: 650 Posts | 206 Topics) in WordPress article (with all replies). Is there any way to make this (is the opposite of this topic request)? :/

I’ve a valid smf+phpbb3+bbpress database in my local webserver and i can try to convert to other board/script if is necessary – i require to convert only this board in wordpress and all the rest of forum can remain intact.

Thanks in advance, DarkWolf.

Anonymous User 7670885
    Inactive

@anonymized-7670885

Sorry for bump but is more important for me.

I’ve converted my smf to phpbb3 to bbpress and now i want try to convert a specific board (News Board: 650 Posts | 206 Topics) in WordPress article (with all replies). Is there any way to make this (is the opposite of this topic request)? :/

I’ve a valid smf+phpbb3+bbpress database in my local webserver and i can try to convert to other board/script if is necessary – i require to convert only this board in wordpress and all the rest of forum can remain intact.

Thanks in advance, DarkWolf.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar