Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I’m the keymaster/admin; but can’t approve topics/replies?

• ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Wordpress 5.2.2
    bbPress 2.5.14
    URL: forums are private, so URL won’t be helpful.

There’s no button or link to approve anything in my forums. Everything’s just pending. In the past, I replies showed up (when we first installed this; we haven’t used it in a long time, and just getting back into getting these set up). When I click to preview the replies/topics, they are just titles, nothing is written about the topic. We’re testing the forums with my team, so I know each team member wrote something and submitted it — they didn’t just write a title. Additionally, each of them are moderators, wouldn’t their posts just go through since they have the power to approve posts, too (or should, if this was working)?

What is happening? Why:

is nothing showing up for the content part of their replies and topics
      why aren’t their posts going through automatically (since they are moderators)
      why can I not — as the admin/keymaster, see the “approve” link?

Here’s a screenshot:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/Z4uZkZ2K moderation

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress does not by default put anything inmpending

what bbpress related plugins are you running that might do moderation ?

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Hey Robin, thank you so much for your help. I don’t see a plugin that we have that specifically does any type of post moderation once written by the user. The only plugins I have are one for uploading attachments (GD bbPress Attachments) to the posts and one that restricts access to the forums through our membership plugin (Ultimate Member bbPress Extension). Here’s more info on those:

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm, I can only suggest that

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Unfortunately, my staging site doesn’t allow me to switch themes for some reason. I tried in the past on an earlier bbPress support post I put here. 🙁 I also tried deactivating all the plugins, but it’s still not doing anything.

I read on bbPress that there is an “Approve” function that should be showing up, so it seems that there is a setting for moderation in the plugin? Just not sure what’s going on since the “Approve” used to show up but it doesn’t anymore. I updated bbPress a while back and hadn’t used it since the update, so I’m unsure when the issue actually started happening.

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Any chance that there are developers out there I can pay to help with this? It seems like such a simple fix but I am at a loss and our nonoprofit’s forums are all set up — but completely useless. 🙁

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar