Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I’m missing menu items

• patdunn
    Participant

@patdunn

The bbPress codex explains that when bbPress is installed it creates three new menu items in the WordPress backend. These are Forums, Topics and Replies.

I do not have the Forums topic. Is there some way that I can add it in?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

are you a keymaster?

keymasters get forums, topics and replies
    moderators get topics and replies

patdunn
    Participant

@patdunn

Thanks for responding, Robin. That is exactly what is wrong….I am listed as a moderator! I have no idea how that happened. I used to be a keymaster. I notice that there is a way to change a users forum role but the option of keymaster is not there. What do I do now?

patdunn
    Participant

@patdunn

Robin, I found your plugin “bbp style pack”. However, this is the message I got when I tried to upload it to my site: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

What do I do now?

patdunn
    Participant

@patdunn

Robin, thought I should let you know that I also have the Simple Membership plugin and it’s integrated with bbPress. Perhaps this makes a difference with regard to a fix?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, style pack has a fix for no keymaster

dashboard>settings>bug fixes

but you’ll need to get you hoster to increase your upload file size first to enable you to install this.

patdunn
    Participant

@patdunn

Will try with my hoster. If that is not possible, is there any other way to fix this? Can I hire someone to do it?

Robin W

@robin-w

I’m very surprised that you cannot add the style pack plugin – it is quite small !

But if your hoster won’t allow this, then come back and I’ll try to help further

patdunn
    Participant

@patdunn

My hosting is for a shared server. My company is non-profit so this is what was recommended as it is a lot cheaper. I checked and the host will not increase the upload size.

Please help me. I’m happy to pay for your time.

Robin W

@robin-w

contact me via

Contact me

but please reference this thread – I get a lot of emails !

Robin W

@robin-w

user was able to upload bbp style pack, and from there reset as keymaster

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar