Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I want to create custom user profile template for bbpress users. What to do?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

Please help me. I am trying to gain it but not getting it right. Just need the proper guidance from you.

Robin W

@robin-w

so have you essentially done this

find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/content-single-user.php

transfer this to your pc and edit

and save

create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

Then transfer the file you saved above and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/content-single-user.php

bbPress will now use this template instead of the original

momomoko
    Participant

@momomoko

I am in the same situation : i copy/past the content-single-user.php (besides, what is the difference with the user-details.php ?) and edited it .. but i dont know what to do with it (on my profile page i can clic on Profil, favorite, engaements and subscriptions.. but when it comes to “my topics” or “my replies”, i got an error “404 : page not found” . I guess the script lines that tie in with are :

<?php if ( bbp_is_single_user_topics() ) bbp_get_template_part( ‘user’, ‘topics-created’ ); ?>
    <?php if ( bbp_is_single_user_replies() ) bbp_get_template_part( ‘user’, ‘replies-created’ ); ?>

What are ‘topics-created’ or ‘replies-created’ ? methods ? templates ? how can i edit it ?

nayanboost
    Participant

@nayanboost

Hi @robin-w,

Thank you for the suggestion. But basically what I am trying to do is, show or adding the bbpress profile information to another page that I have created as an “My Account” page.

The information shows up but links are not taking me to anywhere. Is there something to do with global user ID?

Please help.

Robin W

@robin-w

@momomoko

bbp_get_template_part( ‘user’, ‘topics-created’ )

will use the template ‘user-topics-created.php’ – basically you put all the words together to make the file (that just how wordpress does it!)

These templates all sit in the same directory as the content-single-user.php file.

Robin W

@robin-w

@nayanboost – what url do they take you to ?

this (changed) code from my plugin may help you create a link

`$text=__(‘Profile’, ‘bbp-style-pack’) ;
    $class=’bsp_button1′ ;
    $current_user = wp_get_current_user();
    $user=$current_user->ID ;
    echo ‘<a class=”‘.$class.'” href=”‘ . esc_url( bbp_get_user_profile_url( $user) ) . ‘”>’ . $text . ‘</a>’;`

momomoko
    Participant

@momomoko

But why when i clic on these 2 links (my replies or topics created) the page is not found ? i have tried to create 2 pages that i named user-topics-created and user-replies-created, without success 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

@momomoko sorry only so much I can do for free – this is not a bug in bbpress or an easy ‘how to’ – you’ll need to work it out

momomoko
    Participant

@momomoko

Ok Robin, i will try to understand how . I think that the theme i choosed for my website (oceanWP) is not the best idea i got : but now, it is too late to change .

Thank you for your time

momomoko
    Participant

@momomoko

finally i fixed it by changing the permalink settings to “simple” (it was on customed %postname%) … now i have new issue : cannot send private messages to other members

momomoko
    Participant

@momomoko

I found the way to fix this url issue : actually it was just an accent reason !!! i went to seetings->forums .. in there go to the bottom at “custom endings of URL of the profil user page” and just make sure, in the form fields, that u dont use any accent like in french (my current language!) : example for topics created fill it with sujet “demarre” (not démarré) .

hope it will help others 😉

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar