Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I want to change the font

• boomanfloral

@boomanfloral

Hi!

I want to change the font in my forum. I like the one you are using here, my forum shows a different font and smaller. I like this size and type. How can I do it?

Thank you for all your help! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• fel64

@fel64

Yo.

Open your folder containing all your bbPress stuff, including the config.php file. Make a new folder and call it my-templates, if it doesn’t exist yet! Open my-templates and make another new folder, and call it anything you like. This folder will house your forum’s theme.

Now go back to the main bb folder, and open bb-templates > kakumei. Copy the style.css file into the folder you created a minute ago.

Open style.css, and look for this (it’s right at the top):

body {
    margin-bottom: 50px;
    background: #fff;
    font: 62.5% 'Trebuchet MS', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Tahoma, Arial;
    }

Those are the fonts that will be used, in order from left to right (if someone doesn’t have, for example, Trebuchet MS they’ll then try to use Lucida Grande). The font they use here is Georgia.

Change that part to:

body {
    margin-bottom: 50px;
    background: #fff;
    font: 62.5% Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;
    }

Save it and put the my-templates folder and everything in it on your server in the main bb folder.

Now, open your forums, go to the admin panel, go to Presentation, and click on your theme’s name. Your forum should look the same as before, but with the new font. :)

Null

@null

Or just open the Kakumei folder and edit that style.css file and re-upload it. (make a back up of it ofcourse)

uksixthman
    Participant

@uksixthman

Is there a plugin or widget that can do this for you? Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar