Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I need help merging one topic with another.

• Lisa Van Ahn
    Participant

@lisa-van-ahn

I’m curious how I can do this. When I initially set up my forums I didn’t do it well and now I’ve shifted to forums that are closed so you can reply to topics but not create a new topic.

I don’t want to lose all my other posts people made but they were in forums and then topics. I’m curious how I can take their posts and just move one topic into another topic! Is this possible? Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Lisa Van Ahn
    Participant

@lisa-van-ahn

Also I’d like to move my other comments that I had in wordpress before I moved to the forums into the forums. I saw a way to do this but the plugin looked really outdated. I’d also like help with this if you can offer it, thanks so much!

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Go to the topic you want to merge into another. Click the merge option and the instructions will be onscreen.

All replies within both topics will be merged chronologically. The order of the merged replies is based on the time and date they were posted. If the topic you’re merging to was created after the you’re on, its post date will be updated to a second earlier than the one you’re on. In effect, the topic you’re merging to acts as the ‘parent’ topic and the topic you’re on (where you pressed the merge link) acts as the ‘sub’ topic.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar