Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I don't understand how bbpress works with themes

• magonano

@magonano

Hi! I’m new in this bbpress world and i’m trying to start my first bbforum. I have not understand how bbpress works with themes. I have buyed a theme for wordpress

http://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/theprofessional/

So, i want to use bbpress as a part of my web blog (as in this same site) using The Professional Theme. How can i do (exactly)?

I supose i need to recreate a theme but i can’t understand how use it. The theme is the same of the blog? Need i to recreate a “the professional” theme adding some coding and choose it from general theme choice in wp? Is there a setting in bbpress to chose his theme (i ‘ve not find it) and wp has another setting theme?

Please clarify me how to move in this new word of bbpress. Many thanks.

Francesco

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

If you use bbPress plugin for WordPress and your theme is based on TwentyTen or TwentyEleven then chances are that it will run out of the box…

With bbPress 2.1 version plugin, the chances of running out of the box will increase multifold.

magonano

@magonano

I still don’t understand… :)

NickMackz
    Participant

@nickmackz

bbPress should work fine on just about any theme. If you want to customise it, you’ll need to create a child theme. Don’t ask me how to do that, there are plenty of instructions available online.

However for getting a child theme to work with bbpress 2.1, look here – https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-21-theme-compatibility/page/2

martin_style

@martin_style

I think you have to login admin and set template

bantayso02

@bantayso02

Yes, i think like martin_style

Please help me

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar