Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hyperlink "Logged In" on notifications

• jeffvand
    Participant

@jeffvand

I know there is probably a place to do this in the theme, but I can’t find it. I would like to change the “You must be logged in to create new topics” or “You must be logged in to reply to this topic.” to hyperlink to a login, or even change the wording. Can you get me pointed in the right direction to change that message?

Thanks so much!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• jeffvand
    Participant

@jeffvand

I’m still trying to figure out the best way to do this. Any idea how I might make this happen without editing the core files? Can I do it in a theme file?

Take a look in form-reply.php/form-topic.php/form-forum.php templates.

If your going to edit any of these I suggest you copy them to your theme folder so you don’t edit the core files and will not lose any custumizations you get bbPress updates.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

ehong33234
    Participant

@ehong33234

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this? If so, would you kindly share what code you used and where? Thank you!

pazzaglia
    Participant

@pazzaglia1

It doesn’t work. I followed the instructions above, along with the theme.

1. I downloaded form-reply.php
    2. I made my changes to it
    3. I uploaded it to /wp-content/themes/proxima-child/bbpress/
    4. Nothing changed on the website.

I would love to customize these messages. Even more to do it from a central location! I noticed that there are about 15 form files.

Ciao,

L

pazzaglia
    Participant

@pazzaglia1

OOOPS! I used a new browser with un-cached pages and it works!! Sorry. Still would love to change this text in a central location, though!

Thanks!

L

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar