Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Human spam replies or really smart bots?

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Yesterday I marked as spam all posts by doorlopend krediet and today I deleted all replies by ashwaag. Sam, or _ck_, is there a way for me as moderator to mark the user so they and all their posts go away? It’s tedious to have to mark each reply as spam.

These posts were interesting because:

• they had no links in the body of the reply
    • the member had just registered
    • their username was linked to their website (and there was no bbPress forum there that I could find)
    • they added replies to mostly old topics
    • they replied many times (5 and 12 respectively) in a short time period
    • the replies LOOKED like they were typed by a human and somewhat relevant to the topic, but added nothing of value to the discussion

This might be somewhat related this this previous topic of mine:

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/akismet-flagging-lots-of-valid-repliestopics-as-spam-here

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Mods don’t have the ability to delete users here, only admin.

Sometimes people reply several times if they are getting flagged as spam because they never see their message and don’t know what is going on. They also may be set to bozo mode accidentally and not know it.

Sometimes there is also server lag because of how Automattic does mysql replication. You may post to one server and then the page refresh comes back from another server that has not gotten the posts yet in it’s mysql table.

ashwaag was a strange user indeed, probably a bot in testing, the posts were copies of other people’s posts. One of them was even a post of mine that they just copied. Weird.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar