Categories
Search
Bottom

Http 500 error

• cbeardsley626
    Participant

@cbeardsley626

Hi

Bit of a beginner here so forgive me if I’m asking something which should be obvious!

I have installed BBpress on my wordpress site but when I click on the forums tab on the wordpress dashboard it seems the link is broken. It takes me to a “HTTP 500 error” default screen. I can click on “New forum” but not “All forums”. Similarly when you click on any of the forum links on the homepage, even those links appear broken as you don’t land on that forum. Even then, I get the same HTTP error. Any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• cbeardsley626
    Participant

@cbeardsley626

The site is http://www.footydebate.com and is a work in progress…

Milan Petrovic
    Participant

@gdragon

Try to find errors log on your server, because if you get error 500, that means that something is broken server side, and that usually triggers logging of the PHP error causing it. Make sure your server is configured properly to log errors (and where the errors are logged).

koltz
    Participant

@koltz

Just an FYI on this that I found out. I have a new install of WordPress 4.7.3 and bbPress 2.5.12 and I had the same issue. I was running PHP 7.1 and I got this same error. I dropped it to 5.6 and it worked. It also seems to work with PHP 7.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar