Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to style the sidebar

• BillOsuch
    Participant

@billosuch

I’ve got my sidebar activated, but it’s picking everything up from my Genesis theme, so it winds up looking like this:

Sidebar

I’d like to shrink the search box & button, and put the forums into a bulleted list. What css file does the sidebar use, and what tags am I looking for?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

BillOsuch
    Participant

@billosuch

I did, it doesn’t work with my theme (or maybe Genesis, I don’t know), unfortunately. I could never get “bbpress sidebar” to display. Genesis has a specific bbpress sidebar that can be activated, that’s the only thing other than default I’m able to display.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok install widget logic

https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/

this adds a box to each widget in a sidebar

so work out which sidebar is showing in your bbpress pages and for each widget in that sidebar into that box put

is_bbpress() if you want it to appear in forum pages
    !is_bbpres() is you don’t want it to appear in forum pages (but do want it on other pages where that sidebar appears
    and leave blank if you want tit to appear on both forum and other pages

BillOsuch
    Participant

@billosuch

Tried that as well, no go. I went through pretty much every suggested solution to get the bbpress sidebar to display, with no luck. The only thing that worked was using the bbPress Genesis Extend plugin.

Robin W

@robin-w

ahh, sorry hadn’t spotted that you were using genesis, which I should have. Yes the extend is a must!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar