Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to Show Total Registerd Users In Forum?

• hi to all :-)

i want to show just resisted users in my forum’s footer. how it will possible. but i don’t want to install mini-stats plugin…. and listen dears…. when we go to the dashboard of bbpress… there we can see the total resisted users in the “Right Now” Column. So I just want to show registed users in footer like that

Total resisted users : e.g 500

plz guide

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Michael
    Participant

@michael888

Hi bb-lover

I recently wanted the same thing in my forum. I did not want to install complex plugins.

If you’re looking for something like this: http://www.inniosoft.co.cc/devstation (look at the bottom), then you need to add the following to your footer.php file in your template’s directory:

<?php function show_total_users()
    {
    global $bbdb, $bb_table_prefix;
    $totalusers = $bbdb->get_var( "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".$bb_table_prefix."users USE INDEX (PRIMARY);" );
    echo "".$totalusers."";
    }
    ?>

Hope that helps :)

Michael

No Michael……. Its not working :-(

I think you’ve installed mini_stats plugin……………….right?

so show me complete footer file or tell me the plugin which you’ve used along this script….thanx

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

I uninstalled Mini-stats because I don’t like it. That script should be working.

My statistics come from manually editing files – the plugins are not very helpful to me.

I did write my own plugin – though you have to do manual editing to get the information to show. Simply add the following code to stats.php and place it in your plugins folder – and activate.

<?php
    /**
    * Plugin Name: General Statistics
    * Plugin Description: Collects general statistics about the forum, including the newest users, online guests, and topic/post counts.
    * Author: Inniosoft
    * Author URI: http://www.inniosoft.co.cc
    * Version: 0.1
    */
    $mysql41 = true; // Change this if you have regular database problems

function show_newest_users()
    {
    $count = 3; // Edit this value to change how many users get displayed.
    if ($newestuser = $bbdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM ".$bb_table_prefix."users ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 0,".$count."")) :
    $counter = 0;
    foreach ($newestuser as $nu):
    $counter++;
    if ($count != 1 && $count > $counter) :
    if ($counter == $count - 1):
    if ($count == 2):
    $comma = " and ";
    else:
    $comma = ", and ";
    endif;
    else:
    $comma = ", ";
    endif;
    else :
    $comma = "";
    endif;
    if ($counter == $count) :
    if ($count > 1) :
    $stop = ".";
    else :
    $stop = "";
    endif;
    else :
    $stop = "";
    endif;
    $user = bb_get_user($nu->ID);
    $userdisplayname = (empty($user->display_name) ? $user->user_login : $user->display_name);
    $userprofilelink = get_user_profile_link($nu->ID);
    echo "<a href="".$userprofilelink."" title="See ".$userdisplayname."'s Profile">".$userdisplayname."</a>$comma$stop";
    endforeach;
    else : echo "Unable to fetch newest members(s). An error occured within the database.";
    endif;
    }

function show_total_users()
    {
    $totalusers = $bbdb->get_var( "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ".$bb_table_prefix."users USE INDEX (PRIMARY);" );
    echo "".$totalusers."";
    }

function show_total_posts()
    {
    $totalposts = $bbdb->get_var( "SELECT SUM(posts) FROM ".$bb_table_prefix."forums;" );
    echo "".$totalposts."";
    }

function show_total_topics()
    {
    $totaltopics = $bbdb->get_var( "SELECT SUM(topics) FROM ".$bb_table_prefix."forums;" );
    echo "".$totaltopics."";
    }

?>

Then, to show the information, add the following to either front-page.php or `footer.php:

We have <b><?php show_total_users(); ?></b> registered members. Welcome to our newest members: <?php show_newest_users(); ?><br />
    Our members have made a total of <b><?php show_total_posts(); ?></b> posts in <b><?php show_total_topics(); ?></b> topics.</td>

I’m just trying this and I get the follow error:

We have registered members. Welcome to our newest members: Unable to fetch newest members(s). An error occured within the database.
    Our members have made a total of 0 posts in 0 topics.

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

I can’t see why it is giving you that error. Did you install the plugin properly? It should work 100%

Its not working……………. topix and posts are displaying but not users……….. i want to clear that i’ve integrated my bbpress and wordpress…that’s why the users table of both software s are same in one database i.e. wp_users

also i want to mention here……..I’ve set the table prefix of bbpress bb_ into uk_ because of multiple bbpress installations.

so that’s my detail…and i’m going curious to listen abt new script from your side. :-)

That function is already on core, you just have to include it:

<?php include_once("bb-includes/functions.bb-statistics.php"); ?>

And then call it:

<?php echo get_total_users(); ?>

@ matveb

I got it ……..Thanks dear… you code is simple and smart :-)

Actually, one amend: you should use <?php total_users(); ?> which is meant for output and you get rid of the echo.

Glad it worked.

@matveb

Thanks both are working……….

<?php echo get_total_users(); ?>

and

<?php total_users(); ?>

but i don’t know why i should not use echo…. is it bad for me?

tell me about pros and cons of echo… thanks :-)

@ Michael888

I’ve installed it propertly, maybe I should note that I’ve integrated bbpress with wordpress and that my wordpress installation is in a diffrent database then my bbpress. (And that wordpress doesn’t use the default prefix)

My site is:

http://somerandomlife.com/forum

No, it is not bad. It’s just that if you want to output a result and there is already a function in place doing just that, why not use it? Basically total_users is doing the same as echo get_total_users.

For what it matters, it is less code :)

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

I see – I never designed the plugin to be published – it was specifically for my forum. So I’m not sure how I’d get everything working there for an intergrated WP.

@fundomaat: I’d really love to know how you got the “Members online today” thing. I’ve been trying to do it myself – but I’m not sure how. Also, I don’t want to experiment because my PC keeps lagging an I’m constanly loosing files over FTP. I can fix that soon enough though…

@ matveb

dear i want to show newly add user then what should i do? I’ve called this query <?php newest_users(); ?>

but its not works…plz help

this is somewhat related: I noticed stats.php in the default template, how do you go to it?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

https://bbpress.org/forums/statistics.php (statistics.php on your forum)

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar