Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to show the Register button besides the Login button?

• crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

Hi,

Can you help me figure out how to add a Register button beside the login button? I’m not talking about a rightside bar widget.

I’m talking about the default view when someone tries to view a forum and is not logged in.

Thanks

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

link to an example on your site please

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

I need a Register button besides the Login button because the default bbpress settings only show the Login button. How can I add a Register button maam?

Robin W

@robin-w

if you give me a link to where this is happening I may be able to help.

themes and plugins and settings all make sites unique, so I need to see your site.

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

So you’re saying that bbpress is supposed to display a Register button besides the Login button but possibly my Theme or Plugin is hiding it?

Robin W

@robin-w

no- I’m saying I need to see your site.

if that is a problem, then so be it.

I just help out here.

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

Why do you want to see my site? I am only asking how to add a Register button besides the Login button. What’s your reasoning?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry not here for a debate.

I hope you get fixed.

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

To help you visualize what I want, here’s a little screenshot I prepared especially for you.

https://ibb.co/wLS51Rg

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

Wow, are you really a moderator here?

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

There’s nothing wrong with me. I just asked you what you need my site for and you don’t like to answer it. There’s nothing wrong with me so I don’t need to get fixed.

crebspark
    Participant

@crebspark

You are rude. I’m only asking a simple question and you say that there’s something wrong with me??

alloxrinfo
    Participant

@alloxrinfo

I am so amazed that nobody answered you. What you were asking was very clear and i’m looking for the same thing. When you fall on the bbPress front page, if someone is not registered on your website they should be able to click on a “register” button just next to the “login” button like you can find on most websites ? How comes it’s not already there from scratch ? Still nobody for helping the others that will fall on this topic ?

Thanks !

pannenkoek
    Participant

@pannenkoek

And then I stumbled on to the same problem. I came up with the following solution.

Create a page and add the shortcode [bbp-register] to display the register screen.

Then add the following code to your functions.php

function add_bbp_register_button() {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
         jQuery('.bbp-submit-wrapper').append( '<button onclick="location.href=\'http://LINK-TO-REGISTER-PAGE\'" type="button">Register</button>' );
    </script>
    <?php
    }
    add_action('wp_footer', 'add_bbp_register_button');

cheers

pannenkoek
    Participant

@pannenkoek

Oh wait wrong code and not able to edit original post… here is the good one

jQuery("form.bbp-login-form").find(".bbp-submit-wrapper").append( '<button class="button" onclick="location.href=\'http://LINK-TO-REGISTER-PAGE\'" type="button">Registreer</button>' );

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar