Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to remove alphabetical order in Forums and Categories ?

• Letty2014
    Participant

@letty2014

Hi,
    I’m new to bbpress and I have set up a forum which I really like the look of.
    However they are in alphabetical order which is not what I want.

I’ve tried and failed to find a solution.

See below how they are arranged, General needs to be at the top, plus there is more to add once I know what I’m doing.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Letty

Farm Machinery
    Machinery for sale (0, 0), Machinery wanted (0, 0)

General
    How to post a photo (0, 0), Welcome (0, 0)

Livestock
    Beef Cattle (0, 0), Dairy Cattle (0, 0), Pigs (0, 0), Sheep (0, 0)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

You can set all this in the forum

So if you go into dashboard>forums>all forums and edit for each forum in turn

On the right hand side you’ll see

Parent
    Order

For your top level forums (eg farm machinery), have no parent and then just type in the order you want, so first top forum will be order 1, second order 2 etc.

For sub forums, they will have a parent, but again you just set the order, eg Machinery for sale would be order 1 and Machinery wanted order 2

By the by if you want you subforums to be vertical and/or to take away the (0,0) then see

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

Letty2014
    Participant

@letty2014

Hi Robin.

Thank you for your reply. I had found the order section but it didn’t work for me, hence my posting here. I tried again following your instructions…..

It didn’t work they are still in the same order… The only thing I can think is I’ve set it up bbPress incorrectly.

I created a Forum called Noticeboard – Forum as I wanted that name on the main menu bar….
    I then created all the other Forum with this as the parent, if I remove Noticeboard – Forum as the parent then the forum disappears……eg General.

Have you any idea what I’m doing wrong. I know when I get the categories right that bbPress will be a great forum.

Thanks,

Letty

Letty2014
    Participant

@letty2014

Persisted…..

I didn’t change all the forums hence they didn’t move. It’s easy when you know how. Forum is looking very good.

Robin W

@robin-w

Persistence pays off ! Great – glad you’re fixed, and thanks forcoming back – gives me confidence that suggested solutions work 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar