Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to remove a button from the TinyMCE reply editor

• ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

Hi, I am trying to remove an image upload button that was placed on the TinyMCE reply editor by an image upload plugin. When I uninstalled the plugin the image on the editor has remained and is linkable to a broken page (obviously as the plugin has been removed). The topic on the plugins author page is here but we can’t seem to find a solution. https://wordpress.org/support/topic/removed-plugin-but-image-add-icon-still-visible/

“This plugin enables the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor for BBPress forum topics and replies and adds a button to the editor’s “Insert/edit image” dialog that allows forum users to upload images from their computer and insert them inline into their posts.”

Can anyone point me to a way to remove this image upload button or is there a way to edit the layout and options of the editor with a different plugin?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

I have installed the plugin Advanced Editor Tools but any changes I make in the layout of TinyMCE in the settings doesn’t seem to affect the layout of the editor in BBPress topic posts or replies. Its seems to only change the settings in the editor for WP posts and pages.

Robin W

@robin-w

if it is the default bbpress one, then add this to your custom css

#mceu_12 {
    	display: none;
    }

otherwise I’d need a link to a live example on your site

ibnat
    Participant

@ibnat

Hi Robin. Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I can confirm that the code you suggested works perfectly if it is added to my themes custom CSS area in (theme customization – Astra theme) and also works if it is added to the custom CSS area of the most excellent bbp style pack plugin.

Great and thanks once again 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar