Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to put widgets next to bbpress? (currently they're under it)

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

bump, please help

It looks like you’re using a modified version of Twenty Eleven. The widgets in that page template are supposed to be on the side, but the modifications made to the theme have broken that.

Did you do the mods or have someone do it for you?

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

only colors of the forums were modified to fit the website, nothing else. The problem occured even before any modifications were made. any modifications made to both bbp and wo are only changed colors so i think thats not the prob. Can you help to reslove the problem? thank you

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

If you need any css files or other I can copy the code here.

Well some one has modified it. The theme you are using is not default Twenty Elevent. The HTML markup has changed a little and it’s causing the problem.

Switch to the default Twenty Eleven and see if that fixes the alignment. If it does, then add your colors back in.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

I downloaded new twenty eleven (it’s for wordpress only, there is nothing about bbpress support) and it’s still the same, you can see it now. Is there twenty eleven made by both bbpress and wordpress teams just like twentyten?

Thanks! I hope we can reslove the problem soon

Do you have a single-forum.php file in the theme?

No, there is not a bbPress version of 2011, but Twenty Eleven is fully compatible. I’ve used it several times.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

no, there is no file like that.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

what can I do?

SonjaFoust
    Participant

@sonjafoust

In your settings (Settings -> Forum) have you selected the theme package that says twentyten? When I did that, the same thing happened to my widgets. Try selecting the bbp-theme-compat option and see if that fixes it.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

Hello Sonja, thank you for your reply.

When I selected the default theme there were no widgets at all (they all disappeared).

Anyway, thank you for help.

Problem still not sloved…, anybody?

What if you place the [bbp-forum-index] on a regular page and select the Sidebar template? Does that allow the widgets correctly?

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

umm how can I do that?

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

What I mean – is it possible via wp-admin? if yes, then how? I can’t see it

Go to the wp-admin then click on Pages > Add New and place

[bbp-forum-index]

inside of the main content.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

then it looks like that: http://tiny.cc/zxg5kw :(((((((

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

You can post comments under forums and when you click on any forum it is like it was before, try it, I mean, it didn’t help 🙁

In the page settings go to Discussion and disable comments.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

Thanks, it helped with the main forums, but when you click on anything on the forums the sidebar goes down again, do you know what to do?

Thank you

You will have to modify the theme template files in order to get all sub forums to match up.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

Do you mean wp theme template or bbpress theme template? Can you tell me what should I write into the CSS file? I need some help, coz I don’t know CSS well, I could copy you the code, just tell me which file you need.

Thank you

The theme template.

It’s not so much CSS as it is HTML. In this case I’m not able to give you the necessary CSS without first taking a long time to set it up myself and figure it out. I would recommend you hire someone to do it for you.

Jin_ls
    Participant

@jin_ls

Oh I just thought it’s a short code which I can paste or change just few things. Thanks anyway! (at least the front page of forums looks nice 🙂 )

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar