Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to not gray-out closed topics.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• verlaine76
    Participant

@dylanpank

I know this was a while ago, but in case anyone else stumbles across this topic, here’s how I did it.

In your wordpress install find the folder `/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/css`

Open the file `bbpress.css` in a text editor
    Within the bbpress.css file, search for the text `#bbpress-forums .status-closed`

When you find this text, below is the entry `color: #ccc;` This is the colour for your text in closed topics. Change it to #000 for black.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Thanks a lot, this is a very welcome tweak! I never did understand the point behind this “feature”. I rarely close topics because the OP shouldn’t be read at all…

Is there a way to safely override this css in my child-theme’s style.css as well, maybe by importing the bbpress.css? The problem with your method is that the change will be overwritten as soon as bbPress is updated.

ssmedia
    Participant

@ssmedia

I’d love to get the answer to this too so I can just paste this in the custom CSS section of my site and not have to worry about upgrades overwriting

Just add the following to your themes CSS or if you are not using a child theme there are a few ‘Custom CSS’ plugins you could use so that you are also safeguarded against theme updates also.

`#bbpress-forums .status-closed, #bbpress-forums .status-closed a {color: #000;}`

ssmedia
    Participant

@ssmedia

Excellent!! Thanks v much – that worked. Although is there a way to do the same thing on category pages such as http://causepages.com/sw/forum/depression/ as well to make sure the topic preview also doesn’t grey out?

Just FYI, you might note that when trying to click into the forum rules via the link above it doesn’t actually shown the post to a non-administrator. Trying to figure out why here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/closed-topics-cannot-be-viewed-disappear/

h646572
    Participant

@h646572

I’m curious as well — I tried the CSS trick but still a lot of stuff grayed out. Locking a sticky is a common thing for many forums.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar