Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to logout from bbpress forum page?

• ritishsharma
    Participant

@ritishsharma

I’ve just installed bbPress plugin to create a General discussion page.
    The thing is, first users will register themselves by creating an account on the forum page. But how they are supposed to Logout from the page in the mobile version?
    I’ve already put a login widget on the sidebar, in which I can see the logout option (in desktop) when users are already logged in. But I can’t see the same on mobile, because most of the users use mobile.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it shows fine in my test site

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

ritishsharma
    Participant

@ritishsharma

Thankyou for you reply. I’ve checked and everything is working perfectly fine.
    I just want to know that I used bbPress login form widget in my sidebar. Now a login form with links to registration and lost password recovery pages is appearing in my sidebar. Logged in users would see their usernames and a logout link instead of the form.

But problem is that sidebar doesn’t show on mobile phones. So, how are users supposed to logout once they create an account?

Or, maybe I’m unable to find it, cause I’m new in this.
    Will you please tell me where to find login and logout option in mobile version?

Thankyou

Robin W

@robin-w

It is not a bbpress issue (bbpress does not prevent whole sidebars showing) but come back and I’ll see if I can help further.

so that sidebar doesn’t show at all to the mobile, or doesn’t show to logged in users?

ritishsharma
    Participant

@ritishsharma

My website sidebar can only be seen in desktop only and doesn’t show at all on mobile phones.

This is the issue because bbPress login widget is on my sidebar only.
    So, I’m confused that from where mobile users can login and logout?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok so the issue is your theme is not showing the sidebar on mobiles, not that bbpress is doing anything wrong.

I’d suggest you add login and logout to your menu

either

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-the-wordpress-logout-link-to-navigation-menu/#:~:text=Simply%20head%20over%20to%20the,appear%20in%20the%20right%20column.

or

install

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>login

ritishsharma
    Participant

@ritishsharma

Alright I’ll try to do that.

But can’t I put the logout option on my forum page itself?

Robin W

@robin-w

do-able but beyond free help – sorry

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar