Categories
Search
Bottom

How to instert a default text in the reply text field

• ozgurpolat
    Participant

@ozgurpolat

Hi,

I have just installed bbpress moderation plug-in, but my question is not about the moderation plug-in, it is about putting a default text into the reply field, so that the users can read before posting. This is because currently bbpress moderation plug-in does not notify the user that the reply/post is held for moderation. So the user posts something in the forum, but nothing happens, there is no message saying that user’s message is awaiting moderation. The plug in author was asked about this 8 months ago, and he replied that it would be difficult to do something about this, and apparently the color of the reply is yellow, hinting that the reply is held for moderation. But there is no way of knowing this. So I decided to put the default text into the reply field so that the user can read before posting. I don’t know how to do this, I am quite new to bbpress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ozgurpolat
    Participant

@ozgurpolat

In form-reply.php after the line:

<div class="bbp-template-notice"><p><?php _e( 'Your account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content.', 'bbpress' ); ?></p></div>

I inserted <?php else : ?><div class="bbp-template-notice"><p><?php _e( 'PLEASE NOTE: Your post will be sent to AWAITING MODERATION folder, will be posted if approved!', 'bbpress' ); ?></p></div>

Which is not so good because I am changing the core file. Is there a better way to do this?

nivin007
    Participant

@nivin007

awaiting topics/replies should not notify to the user. it it possible?
    now all users geting awaiting notification by email. but, i neet all members get notification after approval. is it possible?

shearamariz
    Participant

@mariz_p

nice. Thanks @ozgurpolat for that. I actually inserted it in my child theme and no core was changed even I update it. Hope it helps you too. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar