Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to hide forum topic?

• r083r7
    Participant

@r083r7

I am trying to remove the name of the forum on the index page that lists all the topics. I used CSS to remove it but it’s not working right.

#bbpress-forums h2 {
    display: none;
    }

This removes the title as I want but when I click on any topic it also removes the posters question 🙁

Does anybody know how to remove just the forum name?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• r083r7
    Participant

@r083r7

When I target the forum name on the index page and remove it with CSS it works but it also affects the page once I click on the topic. When I click on the topic it also removes the topic title. Seems like the name of the forum and the topic title use the same CSS ID.

I wonder if there’s a solution.

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

write the css selector #bbpress-forums ???? h2 more precisely – there will be a difference

r083r7
    Participant

@r083r7

I wish I could but the way that bbPress has implemented the CSS there is no middle.

Please review the screenshots I took

Index page with forum title
    https://monosnap.com/file/tKb4Y6GEkWf2GUMB88ghljeprh37Nt

Topic page with topic question
    https://monosnap.com/file/M3hhJhX7wW4on9Ym2s4ecMcFqmjHOj

This is the code that bbPress outputs for both the index page and topic page title

<div id="bbpress-forums" class="bbpress-wrapper">
    <h2>main forum topipc</h2>

If I get rid of one I get rid of the other one 🙁

Still searching for a solution.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm…

Titles are not put in that part as default – bbpress uses the theme/page to do that, so I would not expect to see an <h2> tag after the <div id="bbpress-forums" class="bbpress-wrapper">

do you have a theme or plugin that is altering bbpress display?

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

r083r7
    Participant

@r083r7

I should have mentioned this is a case where I have a bbPress forum linked to a BuddyPress group. I am viewing the forum inside a group.

I troubleshooted this and this is odd. The only plugins I have installed are bbPress and BuddyPress. Tried on two different default WordPress themes and getting the same thing with 2019 and 2020 theme.

Still getting the same results, I wonder if this is BuddyPress doing this hmm.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar