Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to give nested categories an exploded view as default?

• JohnnyScience
    Participant

@johnnyscience

Is there a way for me to enable the categories and nested categories to have an exploded view as default on the main forums page?

This way they don’t have to click an additional time to see all of the forums forums

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

not knowing how your site is set up, and seeing an example – hard to understand quite what you are seeing and want to see.

but try

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>forum templates

JohnnyScience
    Participant

@johnnyscience

So I’ve tried messing around in that plugin, but it never seems to take affect on my site.

Is there something I’m not doing correctly?

ohiocannabis.com/forums

Here’s screenshot of the template you can see I have enabled in the dashboard, but as you can see the forum is still the basic generic forum look and design.

I’ve also tried to change/update things within the Forum Display tab, but again, nothing seems to actually take effect on the website.

forum templates

Not sure why that image isn’t working, I used the img link button at the top of this post. I wish there was an easier way to upload images on this forum instead of having to use imgur

View post on imgur.com

Robin W

@robin-w

your theme or another plugin might be affecting my template loading

if you want to check this:

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar