Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to get Tiny MCE to show for my bbpress forums?

• Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

I tried using the

//Enable TinyMCE
    function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
    $args[‘tinymce’] = true;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( ‘bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args’, ‘bbp_enable_visual_editor’ );

code from https://codex.bbpress.org/enable-visual-editor/ but when I do, all that happens is that I get 2 tabs on the right (Visual and Text).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Additionally, is there a way to do New Topic/Reply buttons? so that I do not have the text box at the bottom of every post?

http://www.firehawkgames.biz — if you want to look at the forums currently

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

once activate to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Topic/Reply Form for editor options and

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>buttons for new topic button

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

Loving that plugin! Still cannot get the buttons to show on the textbox for posting. The most I get is a grey bar across the top (or the Visual/Text tabs on the right if I have both enabled).

Robin W

@robin-w

link to your site and an example please

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

THe link to my site is int he first post above — http://www.firehawkgames.biz

just text editor enabled

with both text and visual editors enabled

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm. cannot access this area without registering, and sorry don’t have time for that.

suggest it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

I may just have to live with it then. I use a highly customized theme (Atahualpa) and I am not sure it would not destroy my settings if I changed themes. And I also have 34 plug-ins active right now (many of whicha are specifically used in information display (i.e. I use the wiki links one for displaying table of contents for a number of products I have produced).

And thank you for your help!

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Have you tried other plugins like:

TinyMCE Advanced
    Advanced TinyMCE Configuration

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

Yes, they did not work. However, I did find other issues, which when changing themes (much as I hated to do it) fixed all the issues (Live Preview of a different theme showed me the toolbars for the text box work and the attachments plug-in works now too!)

So my issue is now resolved and I am now working on tweaking the new theme to get it closer to what I want. 🙂

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

Came up with another question….

I now have the Text and Visual toolbars showing in the editor, and I have the TinyMCE Advanced Plugin installed as well, but cannot seem to get it to show the advanced toolbars.

It appears that the bbp Style Pack is over-riding TinyMCE Advasnced as to what editor to show.

Anybody have any ideas on how to change that?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I use this code on my website

// ==============================================================
    // Tweak MCE Toolbars (bbPress Editor)
    function ajt_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
      global $bsp_style_settings_form ;
      $args['tinymce'] = true;
      $args['teeny'] = false;
      if ($bsp_style_settings_form['Show_editorsactivate'] == 1)  $args['quicktags'] = false;
      return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'ajt_enable_visual_editor' );
    // ==============================================================

Works for me.

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

where do you put that code?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

You can use the snippets plugin or your child themes functions.php file.

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

ok, I tried putting that into the functions.php for my theme.

The result was that the buttons/options I selected for my text editor showed up on the visual tab, and the text side looked liked this one does.

very very odd

Rasyr
    Participant

@rasyr

never saw that Snippets plugin before… I like it…

Now, if I could just get the text box to show correctly (using TinyMCE Advanced, I added a bunch of buttons to the Classic/Text editor, but they are only showing (when using your snippet of code) on the Visual Editor, not the Text/Classic editor.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I have no knowledge about the text editor toolbar I am afraid. All I have ever done is extend the tools on the TinyMCE toolbar. So I can’t help you with the text toolbar,

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar