Categories
Search
Bottom

How to fix misspelling in subscription to post emails

• roddaut
    Participant

@roddaut

Hi,

When a member of our forum subscribes to a topic they get an email that has the following line:

“You are recieving this email because you subscribed to it. Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.”

We would like to have the word “receiving” spelled properly instead of the misspelling you see above.

How can I edit the email so it is not misspelled?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Will be fixed in bbPress 2.1.1. Sorry about that.

roddaut:

This typo is in bbp-includes/bbp-common-functions.php @1032. Unfortunately it’s a gettext string, so I’ll suggest a quick fix for English-only:

Attach a custom filter function to the ‘bbp_subscription_mail_message’ hook. You can use str_replace() to fix the mis-spelling.

Hopefully translators will realize this needs fixing 😉

HTH.

roddaut
    Participant

@roddaut

@John James – thanks for promising to fix in the next release. BTW I couldn’t update to the newest BBPress recently. After I did my site gave everyone 404 errors when they tried to access forum pages. But when I went back to an earlier version of the plugin this problem went away. Any clues as to why.

@iamzippy Thanks for those instructions. I’ll probably have to get a programmer to follow them as I don’t fully understand what you are saying. 🙂

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Absolutely no clue. There an in infinite number of factors, usually related to a plugin or theme conflict.

roddaut
    Participant

@roddaut

@John James OK.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar