Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to embed in one-page theme?

• dram2017
    Participant

@dram2017

Hi all, hope you are willing and able to help a newbie!

I am building my first website on a one-page theme (Vellum). I’ve installed bbPress and it works fine except the auto-added Forums, Topics and Replies are like separate pages rather than being sections within the one-page theme design. This is an irritation because navigating to any additional pages breaks the one-page navigation smooth scrolling effect. Is there a (simple :)) way I can move the Forums, Topics and Replies to sections within the one-page design rather than have them as additional pages?

Thanks, in hopeful anticipation!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Is there a (simple :)) way I can move the Forums, Topics and Replies to sections within the one-page design

There’s probably not a complicated way either !

Sorry but bbpress works on creating links, so it’s on different pages at the core.

dram2017
    Participant

@dram2017

Thank you, Robin W, for saving me from banging my head against a brick wall!

So, another possibility: is there a way of adding CSS to Forums, Topics and Replies (eg opening in Visual Composer)? I have the CSS to hide the one-page theme menu on a page, but don’t know how to add this to the bbPress entries.

Cheers!

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm….you can add lots of css to lots of stuff. suspect you’d need to invest some time in sau adding firebug for firefox and using that to examine and change css elements.

This may also help

bbPress Styling Crib

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar