Categories
Search
Bottom

How to embed images in forum posts

• Julia_B
    Participant

@julia_b

Hi,
    I need to enable my forum members to post images. The images need to appear within the post, not as an attachment. They need to be able to post them directly to the forum posts and replies (not via instagram or anything external). It is a private members site, so I am happy with users uploading.

I have tried installing the GD bbPress Attachments plugin, but the images only appear as attachments not embedded inline in the posts.

Hope someone can advise.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Editor Mike
    Participant

@editor-mike

I think short of them giving them access to your media library the only way is to use third party hosting sites.
    If they need to keep the images private on the external sites there are sites that will allow that.

Julia_B
    Participant

@julia_b

Thanks Mike. Yeah, it looks like that is the case. I’m really disappointed this feature isn’t included, it seems a pretty basic function nowadays. A lot of my members are not very net/tech savvy and an external hosting site would add a layer of complexity which could be very off-putting for them. I’m moving my community from a Facebook group and it took a lot of them a while to get to grips with how the functions of that worked, but now they’re used to it, they’ll miss being able post images. Any thoughts on which external site would be the simplest for them to use (must include a privacy option)?

🙂

Editor Mike
    Participant

@editor-mike

I have used Photobucket for years and hosted thousands of images from there onto many sites.

I find it to be the most reliable and easy to use, it can be slow at times as it does have adverts but it does work and does have the privacy they need:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200723864-Album-Privacy-Settings-Explained

“Private Albums

When an album is private:

Photos and videos in the album do not display in Photobucket search results.
    Your followers will not see photos uploaded to the album.
    You will not see images you upload to the album on your Profile page.
    You may share without allowing viewers access to the entire album.”

Julia_B
    Participant

@julia_b

Thanks Mike. Appreciate the help. I’ll take a look.

Editor Mike
    Participant

@editor-mike

No worries, drop a message here if you have any questions.

Sorry you had to wait almost 2 days for a reply.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar