Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to display freshness/last activity in topic index?

• graugart
    Participant

@graugart

Ok I’ve been googling and googling on this for an hour now with no luck, so I hope someone can help me here. All I’m trying to do is display freshness information on my topics list, but I can’t seem to figure it out. There is nothing about this in the general settings and I also tried BBstyle pack plugin to activate freshness but nothing shows.

Can anyone direct me to how I activate this??

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

The shortcode I use for BBPress is [bbp-forum-index] and it shows freshness for myself.

Try this on a test page to see if this works ?

(I am not an expert, so bare-with)

graugart
    Participant

@graugart

That’s the forum index, I am looking for the topics index with freshness. Regardless, none of them show it!

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

I am using Enfold theme if that is relevant btw

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

can u provide link to your URL (website) ?

graugart
    Participant

@graugart

First open this URL to bypass the “coming soon”: https://www.defensivebjj.com/?bypass=turtlez

Then here is a page that should display the topics index: https://www.defensivebjj.com/members-forum-test/

These are the shortcodes I am trying (both bbstyle pack and bbpress)

[bsp-display-topic-index show=”20″ forum =”611″ search=”no” breadcrumb=”no”]

[bbp-single-forum id="611"]

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Had a look and cannot find anything obvious

For testing purposes, Create a test page with [bbp-forum-index] shortcode and see if Freshnesh and then Latest Post appears, if it does not then a conflict it maybe ?

graugart
    Participant

@graugart

I added [bbp-forum-index] on that same test page (bottom) and there’s still no freshness showing

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

For myself, [bbp-forum-index] works and shows both Freshness and Last Post, so can only assume the restriction is via your theme etc.

hopefully somebody else can advise as I have no idea what options is best for yourself to fix this issue

graugart
    Participant

@graugart

Ok I tried to deactivate all plugins without luck. Then changed to 2020 theme and it worked. So it is a theme issue. I will contact theme support 🙂 Thanks!

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

😉

graugart
    Participant

@graugart

Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect that it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar