Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to display a post form on every topic page?

• I’m use bbPress, and have one big usability problem: there is a bug (you think “a feature, I know that! :) ) – when a topic has a few pages, the post form displaying only on last page. Quoting on another pages is not working, and user must read (or skip) all pages to post reply.

How to display a post form on every topic page?

(sorry for my bad English)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I don’t know HOW to do it, but I know we’ve talked about it before:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/reply-post-form-only-shows-up-at-the-last-page#post-22820

I know about navigation, that says where is the form.

But, I see, nobody know how to display form on every page :(

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You could probably show the form instead of the Reply ». It’s not that nobody knows how, it’s just that there hasn’t been a big demand for it. The last time the discussion came up, the argument was “why would you want to make it easier to be able to post from the middle of the topic without reading the whole thing?” It can be done now, but it’s not super obvious. The link is there.

Now, if you want the form there, I suspect you can find the function that displays “Reply »” and just use that to show the form there instead.

chrishajer

I don’t want to modify core files, because there would be problems with upgrade.

Is there any template hack, or something like this?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I would never recommend modifying a core file – it makes upgrades too cumbersome. I believe what I was suggesting is possible in the template files. I just haven’t looked into it to verify if I’m right. Just a guess.

Has anyone figured this out?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I’ve just committed code to trunk [2096] to make this easier to achieve.

In your template you just need to use the post_form() function like so:

post_form( array( 'last_page_only' => false ) );

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar