Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to display a List if other forum topics in a topic

• Hello? I want users to also see other interesting topics while on a topic. Just like in a blog you have popular posts or recent posts at the bottom section while reading a post. So I want a way to display other related forum topics so that I can make the site more lively and probably reduce bounce rates.

Just like as you are viewing this topic, you can see other topics that are related to it, or not related but one can see other topics in the forum. Not seeing only this in the page
    Thanks guys.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so how would you choose related topics?

Sorry i didn’t get the mail alert, i thought i would be notified. Related topics are going to be spotted with their tags. A list of topics with the likely tags or high views, voices etc something to make the forum more interesting. Other forum CMS like phpBB and so on has it. But they don’t have fine UI like BBPress. I wonder why BBPress don’t have that feature. Right now viewing this topic someone will just go out of the website, showing other topics at the buttom would make them stick around more. You get me right?

OK, very impressive for a bunch of developers. No ideas, no one cares, very good, very encouraging.

Robin W

@robin-w

Product is free, support is free, but funnily it’s a weekend and public holiday, so apologies that I didn’t break away from spending some time with my family to answer your question. I get paid nothing to help people on here, and take time away from earning a living to do this.

I suspect that if you expect this level, then open source software is not for you, and I shall not trouble you further.

@robin-w i wasn’t referring to you. I assumed you couldn’t help further, so i was putting it there for any other person who payed less attention. I was actually referring to the whole open source community. But it’s OK.

I believe this will improve bbpress, if i had the skills i would have made it available as an appreciation to the people that developed bbpress it’s self. Maybe one day i will still find a way.

@robin-w hope we are cool on this?

I know how it feels giving all these solutions for free and sometimes don’t get a common feedback or a thank you. But please let all these not discourage anybody, you don’t know how much people appropriate it when they come online and see solutions like this. Most people get frustrated that they don’t know programing. I noticed that people are more reluctant to provide support these days, please don’t be discouraged. Thanks, thanks and thanks. Always do more. Don’t be discouraged people really appreciate your support, nobody will take it for granted. &#9786

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar