Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to detect plugins incompatible with bbPress 1.0

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

So far the biggest issue I have found with plugins that will make them incompatible with bbPress 1.0 (including the current alpha) is the direct access of topicmeta for either topics or bbpress options (topic #0).

To find plugins that do this, simply do a text search on them for the exact string “->topicmeta” (without quotes). Just to be on the safe side you can also try “-> topicmeta” with a space but I think that will be rare or impossible.

So far I have found and fixed a couple of mine, and I am currently working to upgrade bb-topic-views.

Let me know if you find others.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

bb-ratings has this problem:

https://plugins-svn.bbpress.org/bb-ratings/tags/0.8.5/bb-ratings.php

as you can see on/around line 205

Inactive

and how to fix it? is there any patch, please? :)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The way I deal with fixing topicmeta is like this, though there may be other ways:

old:

if ( $topics = (array) $bbdb->get_col("SELECT topic_id FROM $bbdb->topicmeta WHERE meta_key = 'rating'") ) :

new:

if (bb_get_option('bb_db_version')>1600) {$item="object_id as topic_id"; $table="$bbdb->meta WHERE object_type='bb_topic' AND";}
    else {$item="topic_id"; $table="$bbdb->topicmeta WHERE";}
    if ( $topics = (array) $bbdb->get_col("SELECT $item FROM $table meta_key = 'rating'") ) :

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I’ve found another incompatibility

in how “tags” are now “terms”.

Any plugin that accesses tags directly will fail.

Old plugins can be found by searching for “->tags”

(without the quotes)

So essentially there are two “dead” tables after upgrading from 0.9 to 1.0 “bb_topicmeta” and “bb_tags”. But I wouldn’t delete them until 1.0 is final/gold.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar