Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to create a “reverse blog”

• Jason
    Participant

@jason-bengiat

I need help deciding what to use – so I can’t provide versions or a link. A reverse blog is so similar to a forum that I thought someone in this forum may be able to help me make one. I think the only difference is the number of comments is limited in a reverse blog. I would like to make it so that visitors wouldn’t have to click on a topic title to see more material, so that the page has the feel of a blog. Can anyone show me examples of this – and how to make one?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Change the default role of new users to be a “Contributor” and let them go to town. That way you can moderate their posts, and publish the ones you want to publish.

Jason
    Participant

@jason-bengiat

Thanks, John. I’d like for the page to show two buttons before visitors register or log in. The first button is a post button. The second button would give visitors the option of being updated about new posts and edits by email. These two buttons would direct visitors, who aren’t logged in, to a register or log in screen. Is this possible to do without creating new code?

Jason
    Participant

@jason-bengiat

Here is a link to the types of buttons I would like to appear at the bottom of the window:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rN2QxePOFkd1dHNGxjRkhXMWs/edit?usp=sharing

However, I would prefer the buttons match.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Unfortunately these type of features will require custom code, likely in the form of a plugin to power them, and theme changes to display them.

Jason
    Participant

@jason-bengiat

What are some options that serve the same function as these two buttons and that don’t require custom code? What plugin will I need? Thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar