Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to add my meta description for forum home page

• setm
    Participant

@setm

Please tell me how to add a meta description for the main page of the forums?!

I use Yoast SEO to add meta descriptions to other pages. It’s easy to add a description for individual forums by editing the page. But I don’t understand how can I open edit the main page of all forums (for example, https://example-site.com/forums – I need to add a meta description for this page).

I am new to website building and am learning everything. I will be glad to any advice. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

this plugin whilst old might help

BBP Improvements for yoast

Mrskt
    Participant

@mrskt00

One possible solution is to use a plugin called BBP Improvements for Yoast which is a helpful tool to make Yoast wordpress seo support bbpress better. You can install and activate this plugin from your WordPress dashboard and see if that helps.

Another possible solution is to use the excerpt variable in the Admin > SEO > Search Appearance > Content Types (tab) section. There you will have a ‘Topics (topic)’ section where you can add a default meta description using the excerpt variable. This will automatically output the first part of every topic as the meta description.

user8472
    Participant

@user8472

What are you talking about “Admin > SEO > Search Appearance > Content Types (tab) section” – are you talking about Yoast (I find nothing like that) or bbpress (I find nothing like that)..

/Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar