Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add Box shadown for bbpress input textara box

• TheDream18
    Participant

@oanhtran1804

Hi. I tried to apply css box shadow for input textara. But it was not work. Anyone know what exactly class CSS should to use to add box shadow? Thanks
    .wp-editor-container textarea.wp-editor-area ==> Not work

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

This does the background color, I’ll leave you to pick the bones out of it.

`#bbpress-forums input[type=”text”], textarea,
    #bbpress-forums input[type=”text”]:focus, textarea:focus,
    #bbpress-forums .quicktags-toolbar
    {
    background-color: red; ?> ;
    }`

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

Just to add to Robin’s note, the textarea’s box-shadow is set to none by wp-includes/css/editor.css (which uses the same selector as you were using), so getting more specific with your rule is a good way to go here.

TheDream18
    Participant

@oanhtran1804

Hi Thank all of you.
    Robin. Code work at middle load, then complete load, it dont work. I leaved it, I used border for simple.
    As Barry said, there is deal with box-shadow in wp-includes/css/editor.css which is not good to direct core change.
    —————-
    I would like to change color icon when hover. Current when hover and none hover icon. fontownsome have black color, but i would like hover change blue color example. Can you please help?

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

On the box-shadow front, you might find a specifier like:

#wp-bbp_topic_content-editor-container .wp-editor-area

Provides the specificity you need to apply a box shadow from a custom stylesheet (or custom CSS plugin).

TheDream18
    Participant

@oanhtran1804

Thanks. I used border instead of shadow for now.
    Can you help with button when hover?
    I tried this code. But no work

#wp-bbp_topic_content-editor-container .mce-container-body .mce-toolbar-grp .mce-container .mce-container-body .mce-container div .mce-widget button:hover
    {color: red !important;}

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

Share a URL?

TheDream18
    Participant

@oanhtran1804

Hi my website used bbpress like this box writting here. When i hover the icon appear mixed black+green, i tried to firebug here but i cannot find the correct code hover this website used for this icon.

Do you have any idea?

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

The reason I asked is because many of the classes you used in your last post aren’t ones I see in the regular reply editor – so I wondered if you had some sort of customizations in place.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar