Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add a back link to the page where the single forum shortcode was used

• quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Hello,

I want to add a back link to get back to the page where the bbp-single-forum shortcode was implemented. I currently still have the defaults settings and the forum root is “forum”. So I will only see the single forum but not the page I implemented the shortcode in.

I have more than 1 page with a forum, so I would need to define the wordpress root page for each forum, if it is not possible to detect this dynamically I guess.

Thanks for any help!

– Dennis

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Hello, does nobody have an idea or tip for me?
    I thought this should be a common use case to link back to the back where the forums shortcode was added.

Robin W

@robin-w

Personally I’d just disable breadcrumbs – if you are only showing one forum at a time, then they are not really adding much.

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Hey,

but when a user clicks on a topic and wants to go back, he has to use the browsers back button. Is this how you do it?

Robin W

@robin-w

On the sites where I have forums, I’ve never used single forums, just a main forum with forums listed in it, so not really had to deal with this issue -I should add that I am just a bbpress user who helps out here, not a bbpress author.

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

ok, thank you for your answer!

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

the single Forums breadcrumps root is the forum itself, but I need go a step further behind to the page I used the shortcode
    Or I would like to replace the root with this page. I would even be able to pay for a custom development here, any recommendations?

Robin W

@robin-w

contact me via

Contact me

quix8
    Participant

@quix8

Thanks, but I Just found #16 here:

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

With this in place I can just add the backlink in the forums description then. I need to hide the breadcrumb then via CSS on the forum page and also in the page I used the forum shortcode.

Maybe in future we can build a better solution for this matter. But also my use case might be kinda special.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar