Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How is the basic functionality so absent in bbpress?

• armyadarkness
    Participant

@armyadarkness

In world where customization is everything, how can bbpress be so far behind the times?

The number one complaint that I get from customers, is that the colors and fonts are very hard to read, because font size is not easily changed, and neither is font/ background color.

I’ve scoured the web for this info, and I’m the only person asking how to change the font size and color in bbpress forums. Unbelievable that I can build my own website and forum, but then not complete such a menial task like changing a font color.

That seems like first day material… How are business owners adhering to strict recipes for a successful and efficient business model, when you waste countless hours daily, trying to perform basic function?

Its all so misleading and disheartening. Why imply that it’s DIY if it’s not?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

armyadarkness
    Participant

@armyadarkness

Robin, Thanks for the response, and for forgiving my frustration. I was forced to learn web design and build a functional site and forum in less than a week, during the holidays, on top of an already epic workload, and without support, it’s been devastating.

I did find bbp style pack a week back and it was a game changer for me, but it doesn’t seem to address what I need. I’ve included pictures, since you were unable to see the stuff before.

The style pack allowed me to find and tweak a scheme that everyone loves, but I cant find a setting for two remaining issues, which depending on the users pc settings, become invisible because the fonts are so light.

And of course, as I say this… I’m finding that I cannot attach photo’s here, which is why I’ve become so frustrated with the process. I literally have over 24 hours into simply trying to change the color of a word, and trying to reach support for it.

armyadarkness
    Participant

@armyadarkness

Forum index... Stats invisible

armyadarkness
    Participant

@armyadarkness

Also… Do you think that buddypress and bbpress do the same things? I didn’t think so, but several people have implied that they do, and that it’s causing conflicts for me because I use both

Robin W

@robin-w

we’ve all been there, and the frustration is enormous !

Buddypress and bbpress are two different products. They work apart, and also work together, although I’ve not used buddypress so know little about it.

With 50,000 plugins and 20,000 themes everything does not always work together.

contact me via my website with your site details and issues and I’ll take a look, but won’t be until tomorrow

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar