Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do you style a specific forum's reply?

• demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

I’m sure this has been asked before but I can’t find a solution yet. I’d like to style one particular forum differently to the others, in particular all the replies in every topic. Do I use the post id or the forum name? My forum is called ‘assignments’ and the forum post id is 2881, but of course all topics within that forum have a different post id. Can’t work it out. I’ve tried variations on this:

#bbpress-forums #post-2881 .bbp-reply-content {font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em;}

Any pointers?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • If you take a look at the HTML source of a topic in that forum you should see bbp-parent-forum-2881 (based on your forum id mentioned).

eg.

.bbp-parent-forum-2881 {
    background-color: red;
    }

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

That’s the ticket. Thanks, Stephen.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Strange. Why does this code…

.bbp-parent-forum-2881 .bbp-reply-content {font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:0.7em;line-height:1.2em;}

…only style recent replies? It doesn’t seem to affect replies 2 months old. It’s the very last line in my child’s style sheet. Is there something else I haven’t read in the manual?

There must be ‘something different’ are you sure they are in the same forum?

Check the actual CSS class differences between one that works and one that does not.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar