Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I set up new registered users in a private forum?

• veganishdotworld
    Participant

@veganishdotworld

So frustrated!
    I installed BBPress yesterday. I’m trying to set up a private forum for about a dozen authors on our site, so we can ask questions and learn from each other regarding using wordpress or the type of content we want to create.

First Question. I used the bbpress shortcode to add the forum to a page, just as a test. http://www.veganish.world/forums That went well (there is a public forum there, just as a test), but the thing is, how do I add the registered users for the private forum? The 12 people who will have access? I’ve looked in Settings, and I’ve looked under Forums, in the left-hand side bar in WordPress, and I can’t find anything.

I installed Robin’s Private Groups plugin today, thinking that would help … still not finding anything there either, regarding how to MANUALLY add registered users who are pre-approved to view the content in the forums. ARGH.

Such a simple and crucial thing, I don’t know why I can’t find it.

Second Question. Once I figure out how to register a new user, I have a question … can I make it so that if this persons is already logged in at wordpress.com (as they would need to be, to upload new blog posts), they instantly have access to the FAQ author forums, without having to log into anything else?

My web site is http://www.veganish.world, but I don’t see how that would be helpful as I just have two (2) general questions, noted above.

If you go to http://www.veganish.world/forums, you might see a public forum that I posted as a test yesterday, before I realized I need private forums, etc.

Thank you!
    Raquelita Dee

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)

• veganishdotworld
    Participant

@veganishdotworld

Thank you Robin, is that the e-mail I’d use for inviting you to be a user at my wordpress site?

veganishdotworld
    Participant

@veganishdotworld

I sent an invite to that e-mail address. Thanks for your help!

veganishdotworld
    Participant

@veganishdotworld

I can’t find the other forum topic where I asked about how to make the replies VISIBLE.

The problem was that participants, key masters, admins, authors, everyone was only seeing the date / time stamps of replies to topics, no one could see the content of any of the replies, when viewing the bbPress forum in the web page. Robin responded with this and fixed it.

——————————————————-

In short some code clashing was stopping the display being right in your browser, it was all working behind the scenes. Nothing that you had done.

Just for your records I have done the following change

In dashboard>appearance>customise>additional css and added this code

.reply {

position: relative !important;

right: 0px !important;

top: 0px !important;

Robin W

@robin-w

The core issue here seems to be that Jetpack (which is mandatory for wordpreess.com sites and available as a plugin for other sites) sets a reply class css with an absolute position.

Setting this to relative and taking out the margins fixes this.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar