Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I remove “All Discussions” section from [bbp-forum-index]

• integratedcourse
    Participant

@integratedcourse

Hello. I am hoping there is a method, maybe CSS, to remove the “All Discussions” portion of the BBpress forum grid display. I just want to present the grid of the forums. I do not want it to have the 2nd part that shows the latest activity. Thank you!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

not sure of the question – can you provide a link to what you are seeing on the forums page, and then say what you don’t want to see

integratedcourse
    Participant

@integratedcourse

Thank you! This shows the output of shortcode [bbp-forum-index]. I just want the grid of the forums, not the discussions box below.

bbp-forum-index output

If am hoping there is CSS where I can specify showing these things is ‘false’

1) Remove the ‘Discussions’ Box

2) Remove the two statements ‘Viewing 4 of 4 forums’ and ‘Viewing 1 of 1 discussions’

I hope that makes sense!

Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect your theme is amending how forums display, as these are not in a grid by default, and the ‘all discussions’ is not what I woudl exoect [bbp-forum-index] to show.

So I’d still need a link to this to see what is being downloaded.

integratedcourse
    Participant

@integratedcourse

Thank you so much! Here is the page I am working on.

Welcome to Premed Village

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks, looking at this, I’m guessing you have ‘all discussions’ as a forum, and the others as sub forums.

I’d suggest you try either

a) changing ‘all discussions’ from a forum to a category (categories don’t have topics)
    dashboard>forums>all forums>select ‘all discussions’ and in top right under ‘forum attributes’ change type from forum to category
    b) maybe better make all forums main forums, and maybe just delete the ‘all discussions’ forum

integratedcourse
    Participant

@integratedcourse

Thanks. There is no “All Discussions” forum.

This may or may not help, but that “All Discussions” box by itself is what you get with the short-code [bbp-topic-index]. In other words, if you used that shortcode by itself it just has that “All Discussions” part, but here it is as the 2nd part of [bbp-forum-index] (after the grid display of the forums). I am hoping to inject some CSS to make it go away.

Robin W

@robin-w

what elementor block are you using to do the forum index?

integratedcourse
    Participant

@integratedcourse

Shortcode with [bbp-forum-index]

Thanks!

integratedcourse
    Participant

@integratedcourse

Tech support at my theme company made a fix. Here is CSS to put into the theme options to fix this for the next person!

#bbpress-forums > div:nth-child(4) {
        display: none;
    }
    ul#bbp-forum-0.bbp-topics1.bs-item-list.bs-forums-items.list-view {
        display: none
    }      

Thank you so much for your help, Robin!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – thanks for posting back – much appreciated and maybe will help someone else

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar