Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I get the Super Sticky Topic to stick to the TOP of each forum?

• ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

I thought this would naturally happen as a super sticky topic. Basically, I want the same message to show up at the top of each forum so that members see it before they start posting (sort of like a “Read this before you get started” pinned topic). However, as soon as I started creating other sub-forums and topics, it got pushed to the bottom of the page, which obviously means a lot of people will miss it entirely.

How do you get it to stay at the top of each forum as a reminder?

My forums are all private, so you wouldn’t be able to see it (hence, I’m not adding a URL), but I am including a screenshot.

Wordpress version: 5.2.2
    bbPress version: 2.5.14
    Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/eDuoLJGySticky topic not staying at top of forum page

Unfortunately, I can’t test a different theme; I just tried in staging to do that and the site broke completely, so I don’t want to test in my live site. However, this doesn’t seem like a theme issue.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You may want to try the latest 2.6 release candidate instead:

Download

It includes a few changes to how stickies are queried, and may fix this problem for you.

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Is that a beta then? I’m not seeing it in my plugin update area in WP admin; is it generally pretty safe to do the pre-release updates John?

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Any chance that there are developers out there I can pay to help with this? It seems like such a simple fix but I am at a loss and our nonoprofit’s forums are all set up — but completely useless. 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

How long is the text that you want at the top ?

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Hey Robin, it’s not text, but the actual topic. You can see it in the screenshot URL I included above, if that helps. I couldn’t get the screenshot URL to insert the image in the original post for some reason, but the URL works!).

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

sticky topic at bottom of page

Robin, just tried a different hosting service for the screenshot and seems to be working now (link works as well if preferred). Here’s the screenshot of what I’m trying to do.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress will put sub forums and categories above the topics in a forum.

The best you can do is put some text above.

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Hey Robin, I was just looking around to try to fix all the weirdness with my bbPress (still have no idea why there are so many issues with it!) and found this: https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/configuring-bbpress/creating-content/

“Sticky – Posts will stick to top of the Forum which it is in.

Super Sticky – Posts will stick to the top of all Forums.”

This is a “Super Sticky” post — it sounds like it is supposed to stick the top of all forums, but it’s not here. Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, but what you see is how it works, it lists the sub forums first

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar